As we mentioned in our previous post, Vespa Club of Seattle is changing. We’ve had some discussions on what we want the VCOS to be. Here are some of the changes that we’ve decided to make:
- We’ve essentially decided to throw out the bylaws, so instead of specific officers with specific roles, we’ll have a committee handle the administrative aspects. Committee might not be the right word. It’s more like whoever wants to help out or add their thoughts to the discussion is welcome. No commitment. Just come and add to the discussion. We plan to meet once a month to talk about what we want to do.
- The VCOS Members Only Facebook group is now set to “public”. No more trying to monitor who is a member or not. Anyone can “like”/”join” it. (Come like our page, too, to stay up on announcements!)
- No more membership dues. The Club is open to anyone. If you want to buy a patch, leg shield banner, etc. Great! We’ll be posting the Club merchandise in the future on the VCOS website. For now, we’re only able to sell Club stuff in person, nominally at the rides/meeting ups.
- No more boring members’ meeting. Instead, we are going to have a ride/meet up each month. Watch for events on the VCOS Facebook page and the website.
- It costs around $420 a year to maintain the website, domains, and PO box. We plan to use the merchandise sales and seek sponsors to cover the costs.